CREATING IN CRAZINESS

Join my Crazy Creative Life!!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Beautiful Cloche

CLOCHE noun. ...   a close fitting, bell shaped hat, for women   
Well not really a women's hat but a "hat" of sorts for pictures and other decorative items.    My friend had a wonderful idea of pairing candle holders with a base to form what she calls a cloche.  Flip the glass from a sconce over on top of some decorative base and you have a cloche.  These were created pairing  various things together.  The tops/handles on two of them are lamp finials.    One already had a glass tip that I glued an old ring to to give it a little bling.  For the two tall metal stands I punched holes in them and added some crystals.

 For the large cloche with the angel inside.........  on the  bottom:  a dessert plate glued to a flipped over votive cup ...
 the top dome portion:   an electric light "globe" that I then glued a fluted votive cup  into the hole that was left from where the glass sat over the lightbulb and then to hide the seam I glued together shower curtain rings from the simply shabby chic line from Target.  I then glued the rings to the globe.

The best part of this project was the hunt.  I scoured thrift stores for pieces that would inspire me.  I'm sure many a person wondered what the weird woman was doing as she ran around sitting candle holders upside down on top of everything from plates to candle holders to records.

No comments:

Post a Comment