CREATING IN CRAZINESS

Join my Crazy Creative Life!!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shabby Chic Table Refinish



Refinish your kitchen table!!!

Ok so I love my "new" table.  I had this great table from Pottery Barn but I never really loved the finish just the price.... yes I loved my Pottery Barn price.  I bought it at the outlets in San Marcos about 6 years ago... the original price was $1250 but I got it for $250 as it had a couple irregularities.  Wahoo!!!!

I decided to strip the entire table... My husband absolutely loved helping me carry this very heavy 12 foot solid wood table outside... Ha!!! I used both a chemical stripper and a sander but after finally getting the top cleanly stripped I decided that the legs would look great painted white....  I then made my own "chalk paint" and painted right over the black non sanded legs.... yes chalk paint is wonderful no prep work required.. After the paint dried I then took my very tired sander and rubbed off some of the white to reveal the original black and some of the wood color underneath....  To make the top resistant to my kiddos I used a Beeswax and Citrus oil product and rubbed it in... The directions said to then rub off the rest after sitting for a few minutes but the wood soaked it up nicely so I left it... as is...The Beeswax/Orange oil worked well... my son got sharpie on it today and it rubbed right off with a magic eraser, I made him do the scrubbing ;)









1 comment: